- Tonic, the new club on Fourth Street (old Speakeasy) is getting very close to opening. I saw the owner today and he has made many improvements. The guess on timing is 3 weeks. I look forward to his opening.
- Rana Loca (old Cat's Corner) is also moving along and John Cahoon and his partner are talking about a July 13th opening.
- Souphab is getting real close to finishing the Downtown Thai location in the ground floor of One Park Vista.
- There is strong interest in the Downtown Deli space once they move to One West Fourth Street. All interested parties are considering casual dining format.
- The owner of Nu Shoes (Loewy Building) is busy with upfit on his space. We expect opening in the next few weeks.
- Steady work is taking place at the Kernal Kustard (old bagel store).
- Much more to follow.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Bits & Pieces
A few observations from the Fourth Street area: