Monday, October 12, 2009
"6 Days In November" to Kick Off Soon
From November 17 to 22, 2009, Winston-Salem celebrates its heritage as North Carolina's center of crafts and art.
Experience great performances in music, theatre, opera and dance; living history at Old Salem & Gardens and in architectural tours; and fabulous feasts at interesting eateries, all anchored by a visit to the dazzling Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair.
Highlights of Six Days include:
· The Arts Council 60th Anniversary Luncheon with Joan Mondale, Honorary Chair of Six Days
· The 46th Annual Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
· The North Carolina Symphony, conducted by John Mauceri, with an evening of famous Hollywood Film music
· Gallery "Talk and Tours" at Reynolda House and the Chatham Building
· Demonstrations by instrument makers at the Center for Design Innovation
· Smoke on the Mountain—Homecoming, at Twin City Stage
· Fall Dance and Picnic at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts
· Art openings, exhibits and Alban Elved Dance Company at Salem College
· Demonstrations, exhibitions and tours at Old Salem
There's something for everyone!
Click on the link bellow or check out November 17-22 on TheCityofTheArts.com for more information.