Do you have an opinion about the New Central Libary project ?
If so, come to the 1st in a series of 3 Public Meetings on
November 15th at 6PM at Central Library
The 1st Public Meeting for the Central Library Project will be on November 15th at 6PM at the Central Libary in the auditorium located at 660 West Fifth Street.
As I understand it, the County will be using the feedback they recieve at these meetings and input from past Central Libary Studies to assist them with the process of selecting a site and design for the new library. The schedule also shows that they will be hiring a site selection consultant. For specific questions on the process, I recommend that you contact the Forsyth County Library system at (336) 703-BOOK.
Central Library Project Tentative Schedule (Provided by the County Manager's Office)
- November 2010 - *Library bond authorized by voters.
- Oct. 2011 - Mar. 2012 - 3 public meetings, compile and analyze input received.
- April 2012 - June 2012 - * Request For Qualifications for an architect/engineering firm (to provide site review, parking analysis, environmental assessment, building design,construction management, etc.)
- July 2012 - July 2013 - * Selected consultant provides initial recommendations
- Conceptual Plan
- Location Assessments
- (Bond Issuance in FY15)
- July 2014- July 2015 -* Land/Property Acquisition (If Necessary)
- Design/Bid documents developed and put out for bid.
- Contractor selected
Finally, the DWSP supported the Bond Election for the library in November 2010. However, we have not taken a position on the location. The upcoming Public Meetings are being facilitated by Forsyth County. We encourage you to attend.