2012 ACF Triad Chapter
Wing Ding and Rib Thing
This event will serve as the kick off icebreaker for the 2012 American Culinary Federation (ACF) Southeast Regional Conference hosted by the ACF Triad Chapter. This Conference will be held at the Twin City Quarter Hotels and Conference Center from Feb 19-22 and the Wing Ding Rib Thing will be on February 19 at the Millennium Center, 101 West Fourth St Winston Salem NC 27101.
The ACF Southeast Regional Conference draws hundreds of chef and student attendees from all over the Southeastern USA. The following is just a sampling of what these chefs experience while at the conference:
• Celebrity Chef Demos
• Regional Competitions for Chef of the Year, Pastry Chef of the Year, Student of the Year, Student Team Championship, Educator of the Year and more
• Industry leading culinary educational segments
• Product showcases
• Spellbinding Food and Wine
• Chapter support
THE WING DING AND RIB THING
will be one of the premier events of the conference; welcoming attendees to Winston Salem and setting the tone for the entire conference. Additionally this will serve as our regional community outreach event, incorporating a food drive and raising funds to support the ACF Chef and Child Foundation and the Childhood Hunger Programs of the Second Harvest Food Bank of NWNC.
The proceedings will begin pre event as Chef Don McMillan coordinates the formation of our Future Chefs brigade. At need children will be teamed with ACF Chefs to prepare healthy recipes that will serve as the side dishes for the food activities. Junior size chef hats and aprons will be provided to the child participants.
The event itself will be structured as follows:
• 6 PM start time
• $10 Admission for ACF Conference Attendees. $30 Admission for public (public will receive $5 off attendance with donation of 5 non perishable food items) this price includes a raffle ticket to Benefit ACF TEAM USA for their culinary Olympics competition. We really want the public involved so there will be quite a push for community attendance.
• The cookers will be smoking as ACF Chefs present a mind blowing array of NC pork ribs and delectable chicken wings (locally raised poultry). All will be presented accompanied by the bold flavors of the full line of Texas Pete Sauces. As the food displays open there will be a brief awards ceremony as we celebrate the offerings of the Future Chefs who prepared the side dishes for the evening.
• Live music will be available from the main stage as a premier band regales us with a diverse blend of music.
• The ACF CULINARY TEAM USA signature flying-V guitar will be on display to promote the final days of its auction.
• Food and funds raised will benefit the ACF Chef and Child Foundation and the Childhood Hunger Programs of the Second Harvest Food Bank of NWNC.
• Estimated attendance is 200-400 chef attendees and 300-400 from the public.