|St. Nicholas in Old Salem|
Join Old Salem Museums & Gardens for its annual celebration of Moravian Christmas traditions on Saturday, December 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Salem Christmas is a full day of fun and festive activities sure to get everyone in the holiday spirit. The day will conclude at 5:15 p.m. with carol singing and the lighting of the 16’ traditional Moravian Christmas pyramid on Salem Square.
Just a few of the Salem Christmas activities and demonstrations that will take place that day include:
· wagon rides
· puppet shows: Herr Kater’s Christmas
· games on Salem Square
· decorating the Christmas Pyramid in Salem Square
· making marzipan treats
· hearthside cooking
· sampling traditional Moravian Christmas cakes
· rifle & musket firing demonstrations
· decorating for the holidays
· carol singing with The Singing Sisters
· “A Soulful Christmas” concert at St. Philips
· performances on the violin and other musical events
· hands-on painted fraktur (folk art illuminated writing)
· book signings with David Bergstone, author of Images of Old Salem: Then & Now, Mark Boliek, author of The Mahogany Door, Dr. Allen Paul Speer author of Sisters of Providence: The Search for God in the Frontier South, 1843-1858, Nancy Thomas, author of Moravian Christmas in the South, and Betty Lyerly Willis, author of The Best of Mayberry Cookbook
· and much more!
Activities are included with an All-In-One ticket, which are $21 for adults and $10 for children ages 6-16.